Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't think of a single SUV that looks this good.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
True.....

..... until mine comes in IRR next March :lol:

Seriously, lovely car and IMHO the right combination for Glacier White, perfect. Even coordinates with the house!

Arianne

·
Registered
143 Posts
luminated said:

Looks great. White with black. A great combination.
Like Arianne, hope mine looks as good. IRR with black. (I chose silver wheels hope it works!)

BTW. How about the ICTP. Have you had any issues like so many on the forum???
Worried about mine when it comes in December.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
That colour combination was what I was going to go for if I could not get my first edition, just think the white and black looks stunning, very nice indeed.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Personally don't like white as I had white cars in 1990 when it was first popular and seeing all the black shut lines

BUT......

That really is a good picture and does look good. Nice gleaming car !!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
That's another reason not to go white.......nice gleaming car!! Until you travel 30 metres...... Had white before and black too, never again for either. Show dirt and every mark too.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Timbo62 said:
luminated said:

Looks great. White with black. A great combination.
Like Arianne, hope mine looks as good. IRR with black. (I chose silver wheels hope it works!)

BTW. How about the ICTP. Have you had any issues like so many on the forum???
Worried about mine when it comes in December.
When collecting mine after the suspension fix I saw an IRR with black pack and black 22", the colour is incredible especially on the sunny day we had Friday past. There was also a silver with the silver D-Helix 22", I think these rims look mint in either colour.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
That's another reason not to go white.......nice gleaming car!! Until you travel 30 metres...... Had white before and black too, never again for either. Show dirt and every mark too.
Odd you say that because most detailers will tell you white and silver are the two easiest colours to keep clear. Btw the car in this photo wasn't just washed and dried, it was washed Friday morning drove all around Belfast and then drove the 30 miles back home. Like I said white is a doddle to keep clean.

My personal preference was grey but as my past RRS was grey and wasn't as impressive with the grey XE I saw, admittedly a dull day didn't help I went for glacier white. From a distance it looks like any other white but close up the metallic bits in the paint add a whole other dimension that I just love.

Btw this was my loaner whilst in getting suspension sorted.

Part of my deal was an F-Type when in for service etc and so far he's a man of his word.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
The other thing to remember is white hides paint imperfections better then any other colour, if you have Black as example it shows up all the swirl marks and any paint imperfections very easily in any light, this is also why White as a colour is easier to have that stunning like new look easier then any other colour.

As you said you drove I around and it still looks stunning.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thought I recognised the plate. Beautiful motor, and I seen it in Belfast one day and it helped make my mind up.

Who are you dealing with in Jag? I've been talking with Gary, and would love to bargain for an F type for any services etc!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You pure fools!!!!! Myself, Jagscat and Catwoman have selected the best car!! albeit different spec' ll

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
You pure fools!!!!! Myself, Jagscat and Catwoman have selected the best car!! albeit different spec' ll
I spotted my first Ammonite Grey F-Pace R-Sport today, it was a small dot in my rear view mirror......

......oh it's so ignoring having the bigger engine. :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
I look forward to joining this elite in a few weeks time... :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
how do you get the black strips on either side of the car - are they part of the black pack? They really make the look with the polaris white imo.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Indeed .. they are part of the black pack.

By the way if you are considering white then take a look at Glacier. It has real depth of colour compared to Polaris white. Well worth the upgrade. I had Polaris white (well Fuji white as Land Rover call it) for 5 years - changed to Glacier white and it's very different. Love it.

See how blue it looks under a grey sky?

View attachment 1787

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Hi CW - do they change to gloss black on the R-sport when you select Black Pack? I do think they look rather lovely in gloss.
Yep, that's an affirmative . . definitely glossy, in fact, I think they may be gloss black on all R-Sports. I may be wrong about that, but someone on here without the black pack on an R-Sport will be able to confirm, no doubt.

I really like the gloss black trim details, they look ace, but they'll need washing very carefully . . glossy 'soft' plastic easily shows minor surface scratches, I know this to my cost from my former Evoque days!

·
Registered
453 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Indeed .. they are part of the black pack.

By the way if you are considering white then take a look at Glacier. It has real depth of colour compared to Polaris white. Well worth the upgrade. I had Polaris white (well Fuji white as Land Rover call it) for 5 years - changed to Glacier white and it's very different. Love it.

See how blue it looks under a grey sky?

View attachment 1787
i prefer the Polaris and yes Fuji my last car was a Freelander in fuji, and ifid have wanted a car to look blue or any other multitude of shades id have bought one lol....

when i picked mine up it was parked next to the Glacier white and the black pack side strips looked better on the polaris

But its all a matter of personal preference at the end of the day.....Our cars would get very very boring to see if we all had the same, as would the drivers.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Each to their own, Polaris is too sterile for me.... where as Glacier has different shades and hues depending on the sky, etc. Don't know about any of the other Glacier owners but I have regularly asked about the colour from passers by something I've seldom got on any other colour I've owned.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts