Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has more info regarding this 'voluntary recall'.
I asked the service guy when booking it in for the creaking suspension and although he checked all of their systems couldn't see anything and nothing relating to my chassis no.
He said he would look into it.
I have just looked on topix and seen there is a document about starter motor cable, but when I search against my chassis no it says no outstanding issues.
Has anyone looked into this further or got better info from their dealer? (Hark at me...I've got a dealer!!)

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Pos.k said:
Just wondering if anyone has more info regarding this 'voluntary recall'.
I asked the service guy when booking it in for the creaking suspension and although he checked all of their systems couldn't see anything and nothing relating to my chassis no.
He said he would look into it.
I have just looked on topix and seen there is a document about starter motor cable, but when I search against my chassis no it says no outstanding issues.
Has anyone looked into this further or got better info from their dealer? (Hark at me...I've got a dealer!!)
My 3 litre diesel is going in Monday for the recall, my dealer says its a cable change and a slightly different route to parts of where the cable runs.

Only got there word that this is what's done so can not see why I would not believe them.

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There is a voluntary recall, only affects 3.0d V6 versions. Information available on Which site and I also have had confirmation from one of my colleagues at work who used to be an employee at Jaguar - they have a few folk still working there in quite senior positions. They told me that, as you would expect, more recent cars have already had the cable routing changed on the production line.

Arianne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts