Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I put down my deposit for a 3.0d S F-Pace back in November - since then I've been to the preview at Castle Bromwich and been on a factory tour to see the F-Pace in production. Next week I may even get to drive one! All I've seen so far makes me very keen to take delivery - it is a great car :D

My dealer tells me that Jaguar have told them that production of 3.0 customer models won't be until July.

Wondered if anyone had been given a build / delivery date for a UK 3.0d model yet? If so, can you share when you put your deposit down and what date you've been given?

Thanks!

·
Registered
948 Posts
So far my salesman has steered around the subject saying he hasn't been told but I wonder is he delaying the answer as long as possible so as to shorten the delayed wait.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote from my dealer on Friday - who coincidentally did not know that display models were due in the next day - I emailed him to tell him that dealer 25 miles up the road from them - part of the same group - already had theirs in on Friday lunchtime....." I haven't got a guaranteed build date as of yet for the forward orders"...... Some dealers/employes are clearly more in the loop than others!!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I'm not sure they really know to be hoenst. I've seen plenty of people here with delivery dates of end of May / June
I'm in the first batch of orders on system for dealer and don't even have a date.
I'm hoping in next week or so we get a clearer picture
I think if the sales person is saying we just don't know - they are probably telling the truth as I've heard so many different things,

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dealer (HA Fox Cheltenham) told me that my 3.0l diesel will be delivered in July. I ordered it in September last year.
The whole subject remains a bit wishy washy as I am told that I am 'very close' to being the first one who ordered in Cheltenham but they won't tell me what their allocation is. When I moaned about it being 10 months from order to delivery I was told that their first 3.0l petrol won't be delivered until September and that one was ordered before mine.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a build of April 29th for my 3 ltr petrol with a delivery date of 27th May

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
HS60 said:
My dealer (HA Fox Cheltenham) told me that my 3.0l diesel will be delivered in July. I ordered it in September last year.
The whole subject remains a bit wishy washy as I am told that I am 'very close' to being the first one who ordered in Cheltenham but they won't tell me what their allocation is. When I moaned about it being 10 months from order to delivery I was told that their first 3.0l petrol won't be delivered until September and that one was ordered before mine.
And I think this is part of the craziness. Somebody at a dealer said they have had production problems and it's October for the petrols. You have September quoted and Dal here has one meant to be delivered 27th May. !!
Somebody will be right - I don't know who right now. It's also possible customers will fall into different production runs and will get different dates for sure.
Seems most dealers only had 6-12 slots allocated for first run and only 10% of orders are petrol so that's probably one per dealer on average or less ?

·
Registered
948 Posts
HS60 said:
Spoke with the dealer today and despite placing the deposit in September I won't get my 3.0d S until August, he said the 2.0d will be coming through as normal but the 3.0d August and 3.0 petrol will be starting from September, the same as you were told.

At the time of the deposit I was assured April/June so to now be told August at the earliest has me a bit miffed to put it mildly.

The only plus side is a week earlier the delivery date was September so maybe it will improve yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I visited my dealership 10 days ago and I was shown the screen with the orders they were dealing with. They basically had 3 slots per month - I could see the dates of the deposits and when they were being scheduled for delivery. I spotted that my order date was earlier than a couple of the entries, but that my delivery was scheduled later - I was told that this was because I had ordered an S.

I visited the showroom on Saturday to see a R-Sport in the flesh - but the dealership was in melt down with the number of visitors, so didn't get an opportunity to catch-up on my order. I'm pencilled in for a 10am test drive of an S on Saturday 16th Apr - hope to find out more then.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Has anyone got to the bottom of why the v6 engined F-Paces are being delayed compared to the rest of the range?

·
Registered
453 Posts
BAY said:
I visited my dealership 10 days ago and I was shown the screen with the orders they were dealing with. They basically had 3 slots per month - I could see the dates of the deposits and when they were being scheduled for delivery. I spotted that my order date was earlier than a couple of the entries, but that my delivery was scheduled later - I was told that this was because I had ordered an S.

I visited the showroom on Saturday to see a R-Sport in the flesh - but the dealership was in melt down with the number of visitors, so didn't get an opportunity to catch-up on my order. I'm pencilled in for a 10am test drive of an S on Saturday 16th Apr - hope to find out more then.
Ive been told no test drives till the 18th for some reason or other, think its to do with the release of the FEs on the 18th

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That's interesting to know - just 3 slots a month. I don't know system works. My dealer had 9 I initial order slots but not sure how many a month

·
Registered
948 Posts
Shaunyt said:
Ive been told no test drives till the 18th for some reason or other, think its to do with the release of the FEs on the 18th
Our dealer has test drives starting from Sat 16th so maybe it depends on the dealer.

·
Registered
948 Posts
BAY said:

I'm convinced the delay on S models is the likes of the US because all their models are big engine ones.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I put my deposit down in early December and have been told delivery will be September/ October! For 3.0D S

·
Registered
81 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
luminated said:
Has anyone got to the bottom of why the v6 engined F-Paces are being delayed compared to the rest of the range?
Ryan from Jag CS confirm that it was a supply chain issue in manufacturing on another thread in the forum. It is impacting all markets
You have to wonder whether JLR under-estimated the demand for the V6 engines - presumably Ingenium's less of an issue, because it's built in-house

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi.

Repeating the same question, so apologies.

Wondered if anyone had a build or delivery date yet for a 3.0d S in the UK? I placed my deposit last November and according to my dealer they are now expecting 3.0d cars to be built in September. Has anyone received a confirmed build or delivery date earlier than September?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts