Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 67 plate 3.0d S F Pace, had it 2 and a half years now and started to notice a misfire back in August.
We were heading on holiday with it fully loaded, 2 adults, 2 kids, dog, roof box etc, noticed a pause in acceleration and slight power judder when accelerating up a hill at about 60mph. Tried to do it again on the flat but didn’t happen.
It had its big service at Pentland Jaguar in September, forgot to mention it to them and they didn’t report any issues.
I noticed the same issue about 2-3weeks ago with 4 adults in the car and ever since the the issue had been getting worse. It’s not undrivable but can’t do any hard acceleration while travelling at 50mph + without it happening.
I’ll get it booked in to be looked at but wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or any advice (apart from drive slower or don’t accelerate hard 😁).
Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
685 Posts
As it’s lack of power, fuel restriction causing a misfire is a likely cause, a blocked filter, a fuel pump worn or even the fuel tank vent blocked causing a vacuum.
I open its a straightforward fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
I was wondering if it may be a fuelling issue.
the misfire generally happens towards the top end of revs, everyday driving doesn’t affect it, only when overtaking or powering up a hill.
I’ll let the mechanics get their hands dirty and see what the outcome is, hopefully not too painful, typical that it’s just out of warranty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you.
I was wondering if it may be a fuelling issue.
the misfire generally happens towards the top end of revs, everyday driving doesn’t affect it, only when overtaking or powering up a hill.
I’ll let the mechanics get their hands dirty and see what the outcome is, hopefully not too painful, typical that it’s just out of warranty.
I just had my fuel filter changed at a dealership. Only £79.09 including fitting and part. Worth a try at that price to get the filter swapped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts