Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Read many posts with interest and of course some concern.

i have a 3 l diesel on order and have asked to see dealer this week to discuss trade in and other related issues.. can anyone help me please with a summary of some of the questions i should ask ..

i already have in my mind the tyres - are they summer or all weather as std - given that its going to be late Autumn when car finally arrives.

Any other questions that spring to mind please.???

Many thanks in advance

Ian

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Will the ITCP work correctly?
Will all panels be aligned?
Will i get whats on the order sheet?

Apart from that all is good lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I collect mine on Saturday, haven't had much contact with dealership to be honest, I would say it has been a functional relationship, I haven't chased for updates, they have called me when they have news I.e. Build date, and delivery date. As it is coming to crunch time, I spoke to them today about a trade in and transfer a plate over, but prior to doing that got quoted a car value from the Hatfields website and also webuyanycar. So I have emailed them the quote asked them for the higher figure as a trade in, or something slightly less with the service pack included, yet to hear of an outcome though. I followed that up with a second email to confirm the collection date, but also added in that I am aware of the ICTPro issues so want an assurance that the service department will contact me as soon as the update is available, also that I am also aware of quality issues relating to panel alignment and I expect these to be properly inspected as part of the PDI and rectified prior to collection.

The forum has been great for identifying issues, the dealer can't do anything about the ICTPro as it is all likely to be software related, and is a Jaguar issue. Something physical like alignment though dealers can proactively do something about, and if they don't prior to delivery it just shows a complete lack of customer care.

So I took the view of calling out what I know to be major issues, and hope that they will address those concerns where they can beforehand. Fingers crossed for Saturday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath. Despite claiming to read this forum my salesman hadn't spotted my mis aligned boot panels despite the over F Pace in the showroom waiting to go out having the same.

I took the car with a commitment for them to be fixed.

Amazing pdi hadn't picked it up.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Panel alignment is not part of the PDI process. I've been through this with my dealer (who I have respect for) and it's not checked. I know this is no excuse but it's reality. I suspect some dealers might have a work around for this (I bet Arianne doesn't get a car delivered with a dodgy panel). What's worse is getting it properly fixed is not a quick job either. 4 weeks in and I still have a misaligned bumper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you once and all - might be a longish meeting.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts