Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

25,000 pre orders

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  luminated 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I spoke to a senior director of Jag last night and yes it is true they are moving the XE away from Solihull so they can make more F-Paces. But even with that move the waiting list is now over a year....

#4 ·
Yeah and even moving production of XE to somewhere else will take time to arrange, staff will need to be trained / hired and equipment will need to be ordered or fitted.

Either way it's going to take 6 months or so to sort out and the queue will keep growing, I recently ordered my wife an Evoque they are are still quoting 4 months for that and it's been out since 2011

Could well be looking at excellent residuals for the first 12-18 months.

#5 ·
Read somewhere that the F-Pace is their highest pre-ordered JLR to date, outstripping the Evoque and RRSport so I reckon you can expect Macan type residual for the foreseeable future.

#7 ·
Great news then for us,we can barter for the best px prices next year or so at least then... Wow how different that will be looking at the dealer and shaking our heads saying some of their phases... Well it's an older model year..... The market has a glut with this car, I wish I could offer you more but!!!!... :lol:

#8 ·
Is the 25,000 a global figure?- I think the uk order is around 2000 at present - stoke jaguar tell me that they have c.20 firm orders and availability still from this year's allocation.....I am buying the fpace partly as I hope for strong residuals - but I think we shouldn't get too carried away just yet!!!

#9 ·
Jj99 said:
Is the 25,000 a global figure?- I think the uk order is around 2000 at present - stoke jaguar tell me that they have c.20 firm orders and availability still from this year's allocation.....I am buying the fpace partly as I hope for strong residuals - but I think we shouldn't get too carried away just yet!!!
Yes that is a global figure, Don't worry about UK sales once they start being seen in the showrooms / roads order will start flying in. I've ordered an FE but if you look lower down the spec range to be able to drive a Jaguar SUV for £35k is a bargain you can easily pay that for a VW SUV of similar spec.

F-Pace have more pre-orders than the Evoque and in the first year or two they had a waiting list up to 1 year and you could argue they had better capacity to produce those at Haleswood than they currently do at Solihull.

#10 ·
Jj99 said:
Charles Hurst Jaguar Belfast had 36 slots left this year up to yesterday that is so if you shop around you will be able to get one this year but I'm sure once group test reviews the sales will sky rocket further.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.