Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have ordered an S in black with black pack and 20 inch black venoms. Having the wobbles and thinking I should have gone for the 22s - what do you think?

My reasoning was that b,ack wheels don't have such an obvious difference between 20s and 22s, and the ride will be better...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've gone for the 22" black Helix alloys on a white diesel S with black pack.

I understand that tyres on these alloys have a relatively high profile and Jaguar claim that they ride as well as 20" alloys on other marques.

The S also has adaptive suspension which should help too

·
Registered
410 Posts
Now you have me thinking, I've ordered 20" gloss black blades to sit on a glacier white S. My experience of 21" on a Cayenne and curbing put me off the 22's on the F Pace but with a bigger tyre profile...does any one know what the tyre size is on the F Pace 22's as I can still change?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks like 265/45 R22 which is not a bad side profile

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tiller, I gave in and updated my order today to 22s (also updated the headlights to LED). Having read this I am glad I have - we all know they look better especially with the red brake callipers on the S. Have had a dealer delivery date of the 24th June confirmed.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Did a quick look for 265/45x22 and hit a blank which tells me these will be very pricy come time to replace them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The 18" 19" and 20" wheels and tyres all measure 763mm diameter. If the 22" were to wear 265 x 45 x 22 (which is what is indicated in the specifications) then they would measure 797mm and be 4.5% bigger. Manufacturers never choose such differences with an absolute maximum of 2.5% recommended. 265 x 40 x 22 measure just 1% more than the smaller wheels so this has to be the option. Furthermore, if you look at this website, it lists Jaguar OE as 40 profile. http://www.camskill.co.uk/m79b0s0p0/SUV_Tyres_-_4x4_Tyres_-_All_Terrain_Tyres_-_Off_Road_Tyres_-_22_inch

Now, 22" on 40 profile may look bling, but they will be much noisier, have a coarser ride, wear faster and be much more susceptible to kerbing and rim damage. It's 20" for me and I have to say that from a significant experience of SUV's they should wear at least 50 and preferably 55 profile tyres.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Err!! 22's of course! cant worry about replacing a tyre for £250 when your spending that sort of money on a car. youll kick yourself if you pick 20's and another F-Pace spins past with 22's on. I opted for the smaller alloys on my current car and always wince when another A5 Cab passes by with the right size rims on

·
Registered
948 Posts
2wgeese said:
The 18" 19" and 20" wheels and tyres all measure 763mm diameter. If the 22" were to wear 265 x 45 x 22 (which is what is indicated in the specifications) then they would measure 797mm and be 4.5% bigger. Manufacturers never choose such differences with an absolute maximum of 2.5% recommended. 265 x 40 x 22 measure just 1% more than the smaller wheels so this has to be the option. Furthermore, if you look at this website, it lists Jaguar OE as 40 profile. http://www.camskill.co.uk/m79b0s0p0/SUV_Tyres_-_4x4_Tyres_-_All_Terrain_Tyres_-_Off_Road_Tyres_-_22_inch

Now, 22" on 40 profile may look bling, but they will be much noisier, have a coarser ride, wear faster and be much more susceptible to kerbing and rim damage. It's 20" for me and I have to say that from a significant experience of SUV's they should wear at least 50 and preferably 55 profile tyres.
My first new shape RRSport had 20" on all weather tyres and my current one has 21" on summer rubber, without a doubt the new one rides better, is a little quieter but more importantly grips harder. Admittedly the side profile isn't as extreme at only 1" compared to the 2" on the F-Pace but you need to factor in the difference between summer and all weather rubber and how it will effect it behaviour when driven hard.

·
Registered
302 Posts
So...... After seeing the car in the flesh yesterday evening in Manchester my personal view is that the car only just looks right with 20" wheels.... 22's in my opinion are the right choice, although clearly another ££. I am certain that you will get 'sore shins' (kicking oneself) if you don't take the plunge. For anyone considering anything less than 20's then the plea would be DONT DO IT!

With respect to ride comfort etc then I had 22's on my Discovery 3 and found everything to be fine ......

·
Registered
154 Posts
The video here -

Clearly shows the 22" wheels sitting on 265/40 22 tyres

So either the Spec sheet is incorrect or the pre-prod cars are sitting on different tyres. This could make a difference to the ride quality of the 22" wheel.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Go on to the Jag website and build the car, on there when you pick the 22" wheels and click the information button it states they are 265/40

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm sticking with the 22's and likely letting my heart rule my head lol. You only live once right....

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.