Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

It is safe to say my F Pace 2021 model has been a bit of a disaster, so far over past year it has spent approx. 5 months in the dealer. The longest, a few weeks after collecting it, it was in the dealer for 3 months. The headlamp has been changed, the Infotainment screen has been replaced, steering wheel buttons replaced several times and passenger door mirror replaced 4 times so far. The boot catch has also been changed. Most of the faults on the vehicle seems to be fixed, for now! But I am still experiencing the following issues. I would like to know if others have also had these issues?

Steering Wheel right hand buttons. - Completely unresponsive. Have to press multiple times for heated steering wheel, adjust the cruise control or press above or below the actual button you want to press. It has been changed twice now and the dealer has informed me they wont change it again as if they change it, it will make no difference. The left side buttons on the wheel work fine.

Passenger side door mirror - I have the mirrors set to dip down when I select reverse gear. They should revert back to normal when forward is selected. The drivers side mirror always returns to normal position, however the passenger side mirror sometimes remains in the dipped down position. It is rather dangerous as if I am overtaking say a bike and I look at the passenger side mirror to see if it is safe to pull in, the mirror is pointing at the road. I then need to start adjusting the mirror whilst on the wrong side of the road, to check its safe to pull back in. So far it has been into the dealers 4 times for this fault. The door mirror motor has been changed 4 times, software updated, Jag tech support involved and no body can seem to fix the problem. To me this is a safety issue that need to be fixed.

Kind regards

Kenny

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello

It is safe to say my F Pace 2021 model has been a bit of a disaster, so far over past year it has spent approx. 5 months in the dealer. The longest, a few weeks after collecting it, it was in the dealer for 3 months. The headlamp has been changed, the Infotainment screen has been replaced, steering wheel buttons replaced several times and passenger door mirror replaced 4 times so far. The boot catch has also been changed. Most of the faults on the vehicle seems to be fixed, for now! But I am still experiencing the following issues. I would like to know if others have also had these issues?

Steering Wheel right hand buttons. - Completely unresponsive. Have to press multiple times for heated steering wheel, adjust the cruise control or press above or below the actual button you want to press. It has been changed twice now and the dealer has informed me they wont change it again as if they change it, it will make no difference. The left side buttons on the wheel work fine.

Passenger side door mirror - I have the mirrors set to dip down when I select reverse gear. They should revert back to normal when forward is selected. The drivers side mirror always returns to normal position, however the passenger side mirror sometimes remains in the dipped down position. It is rather dangerous as if I am overtaking say a bike and I look at the passenger side mirror to see if it is safe to pull in, the mirror is pointing at the road. I then need to start adjusting the mirror whilst on the wrong side of the road, to check its safe to pull back in. So far it has been into the dealers 4 times for this fault. The door mirror motor has been changed 4 times, software updated, Jag tech support involved and no body can seem to fix the problem. To me this is a safety issue that need to be fixed.

Kind regards

Kenny
That sounds like really bad experience, sorry to hear that.

I am still waiting for my car (on order) to be delivered, so don’t have direct experience.

But regarding the touch of the steering wheel buttons, I wonder if it could be due to insufficient touch pressure or duration of press. As I understand things, those steering wheel buttons are more of a push/hold rather than touch/tap buttons (like iPad etc), to avoid accidental presses.

Not to disregard your complaint, but I’m just wondering if you might need to press harder or longer to get a reliable response (assuming the button hardware is fine).

Another aspect might be some kind of parallax issue in relation to viewing angle and centre of pressure under finger, which might explain having to press consistently high or low. (I get similar issues on many ATM machines, with offset between touchscreen and button press, but wouldn’t expect so much on Jag steering wheel.)

Reactions: kenny.barclay72

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes the heated button is a pain all the others seem fine but they do need a solid long press when you do it that way you can feel the pad underneath and they switch on and off fine the heated one tho always seems to take a longer solid press . A common complaint, doesn’t bother me tho I’m fine with it . The mirrors i hate it when they drop I just can’t reverse this way I leave them alone

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have to say I've not experienced any of the problems you mention, except occasionally the Cancel (Cruise) doesn't seem to catch but I often think I havent caught it properly. May pay it a little more attention now.

Presuming the Dealer has seen the fault which is why they have replaced parts multiple times, what is their solution going to be?

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
Sorry to read your issues, if they have replaced the parts many times then it is either a design fault which is not out of the question but everyone would have this issue or as many parts have been changed its a car electrical fault, could be multiple control modules, software etc.

If the mirror was an issue then others on here would have said something and as for the steering wheel the same, so I would take a guess and say its your car.

Do they have another Fpace you can take out and see if the same issues and faults are there?

If there are not any faults then I would be looking at the rejection route and get them to build you another car.

Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts