Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

2017 Software Update

18K views 41 replies 16 participants last post by  KeithL 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2017 R Sport with the larger screen and digital dash, but cannot find anywhere to check what software I am currently running and how to update it?

I have connectivity but only has bluetooth and data through the sim card. Live is running and I get weather and news updates and also satellite navigation view.

any information would be helpful.

Thanks

#2 ·
From memory go into Settings, then All Settings and the last option in the list is Software updates. It should tell you what version you are currently running and give you the option to check for any updates.

#5 ·
If the current infotainment is operating correctly updating may well introduce problems which as you are out of warranty you may have to pay for to get fixed.

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure what you want combined with the age of your car that is a software up date only the dealer can do and it won't be just one straight quick up date and off you go with that different screen layout you refer to. You will have to through a series of software updates to get to that point. I'm pretty sure like others have said they will charge you for it now. My advice if you have no problems don't do it. Any decent dealer probably would also talk you out of it. I personally like the original screen layout, colours etc and have never gone for any software up date as that side of things has pretty much worked flawlessly from day one. Appreciate that wasn't the case with everyone. I think the only thing that would have tempted me to do a software update back then was if it upgraded it from 3G to 4G but sadly no update is going to that on the older models. That's new hardware and that wouldn't happen.

If you like the newer screen layout and colours that much, change your car for a newer version that already has it!

#8 ·
new screen layout could also mean new hardware - faster processor to run a higher definition images for example, could also be different boot code which wouldn't be updated via wireless normally.

#9 ·
Arnie! said:
I'm pretty sure what you want combined with the age of your car that is a software up date only the dealer can do and it won't be just one straight quick up date and off you go with that different screen layout you refer to. You will have to through a series of software updates to get to that point. I'm pretty sure like others have said they will charge you for it now. My advice if you have no problems don't do it. Any decent dealer probably would also talk you out of it. I personally like the original screen layout, colours etc and have never gone for any software up date as that side of things has pretty much worked flawlessly from day one. Appreciate that wasn't the case with everyone. I think the only thing that would have tempted me to do a software update back then was if it upgraded it from 3G to 4G but sadly no update is going to that on the older models. That's new hardware and that wouldn't happen.

If you like the newer screen layout and colours that much, change your car for a newer version that already has it!
Thanks I appreciate your comments, very helpful until the last one!
My car is new (to me) so won't be changing it for a good few years.
It has (just about) everything I would like spec wise.
I will just have to love it and leave it as it is.
Thanks

#10 ·
Sorry Normski,

No offence intended with the very last comment. Didn't twig the 2017 car was newish for you. Like you say sounds like one of those things you will have to live with. Not too bad if everything else is sweet. I wish for a few different things with my car that changed with later versions but I still very much like what I have. I very nearly went with the software upgrade, had it booked in but a combination of events including at the time several others experiencing BIG problems afterwards I bottled it and never considered it again especially when I found out regardless of upgrade I wouldn't get 4G That was the only thing that appealed. Hope you have many years of joyful ownership.

Best

Arnie

#16 ·
Which dealer did you use? I am struggling to find one who will do it.

#15 ·
cool gonna go for it, i have SDD and cold use that - not quite legit so am a bit cautious.
I have a proper diag tool also but i got SDD to see what it could do as we used to have a FL2 and the software is all a bit cloak and dagger with it.
The FL2 was basically a development model for that gen and alot is locked down!!

#26 ·
My car is finally running the latest software. It took two visits as apparently the update failed loads of times but eventually the car took it. Carplay is working great. Only downside is the car has come back to me with the in built nav thinking it is in the atlantic ocean 3000 miles away! So back to the dealer to suss that one out.

#33 ·
Finally sorted. Initially had the dealer baffled but once the techs at head office hooked up remotely they found two of the file packs on the update had not stuck. Re-installed and nav now working correctly.

Reactions: Snoopy115
#38 ·
Hi I’m new on here and have just gone through this whole rigmarole with my Jag.
2017 cannot wireless update must be done by dealer.
2022 Incontroll update part works with the old software. Jaguar automatically updated the app. And now have made the remote feature unstable with the old software.
i have gone through the reinstall etc jaguar advice to finally get through to the team to be told.

Your concerns have been forwarded to our Telematic Control Team for advice and they have advised that the Telematic Control Unit (TCU) is on old software. At your earliest convenience, please contact a Jaguar Land Rover retailer within the approved network and request a TCU update to resolve any communication concerns.
As the manufacturers warranty expired on this vehicle some time ago, the cost of the TCU update would be at your cost as the vehicle owner.

Basically we updated our app without your permission now you need to pay to get it sorted.
As much help as a handbrake on a canoe.

#40 ·
Just had my 2017 F-pace ICTP updated at Listers Solihull. Car was in for 60k major service. I was originally quoted £300-400 (think it was £370 but can’t remember exactly), but since I had proof of reporting software issues to JLR former CEO during warranty period when Topix H252 (car play and Software over the air update) they raised a ticket under warranty with JLR, no response yet but the dealer agreed it should have been done by other main dealer and competed it for me with no charge.

They mentioned the update all went smooth and much faster than they expected then was simple case of updating remainder on WiFi using SOTA update function.

All working fine, seems to run much smoother and faster than 2017 version. Car play works too, which is a bonus for if I need to avoid traffic.

Reactions: cutlea01
#42 ·
That's the version I installed in December 2022 and I haven't seen an update since.

To jest wersja, którą zainstalowałem w grudniu 2022 r. i od tego czasu nie widziałem aktualizacji.