Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hello, how did the update go? any issues?
they didn't have time to do the full update, half a day wasn't enough so it is booked in for a full day on Friday this week.
They did warn me that if it went wrong or caused issues it would be at my cost to rectify, circa £1k! but said its unlikely.
I will have to keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that it doesn't go wrong!

·
Registered
5 Posts
they didn't have time to do the full update, half a day wasn't enough so it is booked in for a full day on Friday this week.
They did warn me that if it went wrong or caused issues it would be at my cost to rectify, circa £1k! but said its unlikely.
I will have to keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that it doesn't go wrong!
should I dare to ask? Did everything go OK?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
should I dare to ask? Did everything go OK?
When I went back with the car I left it and about an hour later the engineer called me and said "you do know that this update can wreck your infotainment system"? I said yeah but not very likely! He said "Oh I wouldnt say that, I have had quite a few that its happened to" I asked what percentage and he said "about 30%-40%" I said dont touch my car I will come and collect it.
I honestly think that they were just advising me that my car would break and it would cost me over £1k to fix it, even if it didnt!
I might be cynical but I dont trust them!
my car works great and I can cope without apple carplay, I can stream music from my phone and the sat nav is good now that I have paid for updates,

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I went back with the car I left it and about an hour later the engineer called me and said "you do know that this update can wreck your infotainment system"? I said yeah but not very likely! He said "Oh I wouldnt say that, I have had quite a few that its happened to" I asked what percentage and he said "about 30%-40%" I said dont touch my car I will come and collect it.
I honestly think that they were just advising me that my car would break and it would cost me over £1k to fix it, even if it didnt!
I might be cynical but I dont trust them!
my car works great and I can cope without apple carplay, I can stream music from my phone and the sat nav is good now that I have paid for updates,
Agreed 100%!!! It is not worth it, the potential hassle and stress. Our next f-pace would be up to date :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
My car is finally running the latest software. It took two visits as apparently the update failed loads of times but eventually the car took it. Carplay is working great. Only downside is the car has come back to me with the in built nav thinking it is in the atlantic ocean 3000 miles away! So back to the dealer to suss that one out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My car is finally running the latest software. It took two visits as apparently the update failed loads of times but eventually the car took it. Carplay is working great. Only downside is the car has come back to me with the in built nav thinking it is in the atlantic ocean 3000 miles away! So back to the dealer to suss that one out.
Finally sorted. Initially had the dealer baffled but once the techs at head office hooked up remotely they found two of the file packs on the update had not stuck. Re-installed and nav now working correctly.

Reactions: Snoopy115
21 - 34 of 34 Posts