Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im new here and trying to seek answers and help (I see this is a common topics sadly)

Our 2017 Fpace experienced engine failure 4 months ago, only 6 weeks after its major service at the dealership.

At that service, no comment was made that there eas any sign of imminent engine failure.

The car is outside of its 3 year warranty.

When the mechanics looked at the engine they noted:

"Found bolts for cam gear loose causing timing actuator and cam gear spinning but cams are not. Removed oil filter, found alot of metal particles in filter"

So far JLR have been unhelpful and say it. is our fault and we need to pay AUD$32k for a new engine.

I am going through the process to take them to court under Australian Consumer Law.

We are seeking a QLD based engineer to independently review the engine and determine cause of failure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for such a person?

Aso interested in hearing from other Australians who've experienced the same

Thanks!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Best bet is keep pushing and hope to get a contribution from JLR, cam actuators have caused failures before but not frequently. They won’t want go to court, so prepare your case as best you can but don’t expect a quick resolution, they might wait until the 11th hour before settling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts