Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some better pictures of what cat woman dubbed the 'Red Barron'.

Absolutely loving the drive - the character difference between the driving modes is every thing I hoped it would be after coming from what I now would describe as the sterile and clinical feel of my PX'ed Q5.

I have spent an embarrassingly long time sitting parked on the drive getting all the tech to work - which it now does - but the ability of the App to start the car remotely to get the cabin warmed up works perfectly, as do the heated seats. I know the phone connectivity works as my wife called from inside the house to ask whether I was coming in last night!

Sound from the 380W stereo I'm more than happy with, and I would echo blackjagmike's recommendation to set the sound up as +1, +5, +4 with the centre of sound a little behind the front seats. Thoroughly tested the stereo with the obligatory stereo tester of Fleetwood Mack, Dreams (Remastered) and my noisy guitar preferences. Passenger door speaker does buzz with some mid-range frequencies at around 24-29 volume, but it's booked in next week to get these sorted.

Really pleased with the car so far, if you haven't taken delivery of your's yet, I'm sure you'll love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Looking good. Glad your enjoying it.
I've done a lot of driving this weekend (500 miles) and really got back into it and enjoyed the drive.
Slammed the red line more than normal on nice empty roads, found a use for configuring the dynamic mode and just about all the tech worked all the time so been good weekend,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Simply stunning

Glad its another fully functioning example

Looks like you can almost see the pub in one os those pics!

Enjoy

·
Registered
205 Posts
Very very nice car. Glad you like it - looks stunning. Great to hear all the tech worked given some of the comments on the forum. Have fun - enjoy - life's short.....

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Looking lovely, as a fellow IRR owner ;)

Any pics of the oyster headlining by chance? I changed mine from ouster to black, and haven't seen one in photos yet!

Cheers
Piers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll get some pics tomorrow F-Pace S of the headlining. I am really pleased with it. Both my previous cars had black headlining so I wanted to try something different, and I'm glad I did. I understand the black aesthetic preference, which I think would look equally as good, but for me the sense of all round visibilty it gives when paired with the pano roof is great.

Looking forward to taking it to the lakes on a climbing trip later in the month to get both the roads and mountain views the car was made for!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yet another stunning looking car.
Mines 1 day in and no troubles. Have confidence it will stay that way.

·
Registered
141 Posts
"Oh you cad! You took the compliment! Well harrumph! ;) :lol:[/quote]

Sorry JLR5 you caught me out big time!! - I was originally just skimming through the pictures and that exact combo IRR black pack and blades was my original order and I loved the scenery.

However now I've read the original post. Many apologies to JLR5 - Not my style....

Jander101 thanks for the name check re the Meridian settings but as I said in my original post I took them straight from JLR5 to whom I'm really grateful because with those settings I'm loving my Meridian stereo especially when crancked and before I made those changes it was all a bit underwhelming.

Note to self - Stop getting distracted at the pretty pictures and read the posts before replying!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Likewise, I don't claim to have originated the Red Baron reference, it was RaVolVor who first mentioned that name, I just caught the ball and ran with it :) ;)

http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1787&start=20#p22877

by the way . . . it just must be the strange, unfathomable way my mind works, but I like trying to find alternative names for all the colour groups . . so, Ammo Knights (obviously!), Storm Troopers (again, very easy, does what it says on the tin!), Red Barons for IRR and Odyssey, others could be...

'Polar Bears' - for the whites
'The Black Pack' - ultimate, ebony and (if anyone has it) cosmic
'Silver Surfers' - rhodium and gallium
'Green Hornets' - BRG
and I was thinking 'The BB Kings' - for the blues of course (caesium and DSB)

. . feel free to chip in with any other ideas, if this sort of strange diversion thing appeals to you too . . :lol:

sorry for wandering off-topic for this thread, great looking pictures of your car jander101 :p

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Turf Jockeys sounds very rude!!!!
oops!, does it? . . . sorry, didn't realise, I've led such a sheltered life, I honestly can't think what you even mean!! . . . . :oops:

So, can you think of a better (or, at least, less rude) suggestion?..... :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts