Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello .. as per post title

Just wanted to gauge your opinions on the 2.0d F pace, now that some owners have taken delivery of their F Paces

for example

Are you happy with the power. whats it like on long trips on the motorways .. what MPG are you all getting

regards

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very happy with mine (2.0d R Sport Manual).

No issues with a lack of power and the car is very comfortable on long journeys. Averaging about 38mpg in normal mode and just clocked up 1100 miles.

Best choices from the configurator:

22 inch wheels - really make the car in my opinion.
In control Pro - great system, not experienced the issues that some others have had.
Reverse camera - a must for the size of the car.

Changes if ordering now - all round camera and configurable lighting.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Kaspa, this is a very personal thing. Only you can know whether it will be sufficient for you. The price jump for accessing the bigger V6 cars is huge and it is a dilemma. But you should test drive both and decide whether one or the other is the right combination for you.

Arianne

·
Registered
922 Posts
I agree, we all have or different driving needs and wants from our cars, and it is therefore a personal preference as to how much power reserve we think is adaqute. Unfortunately however as we are all aware the leap from 2-3 litre is a big financial one also... So I understand that may cause a dilemma for some owners, unfortunately until they start to fit the Ingenium 2 litre petrol in its various states on tune, ( probably next year) or you risk a Ecu remap on the 2 litre deisel which I think has been discussed on here before, your options are one or the other!.
I can only say that my car has won me over , for its power and handling and again I think the 200 kg weight saving of a manual RWD is a factor in that. So to recap and follow the thread...
Miles to date 400 ,
on A B roads no motorways 44mpg,
biggist like... The grin it puts on my face,
what option would I have changed if I could? Really wanted that FE blue, biggist surprise... Spending all this time specing this vehicle and not realising a CD player no longer fitted... :eek: Move with the times Jags cat!! I just plug in mem stick!! :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I like the lighting at night but for a relatively low cost it is another chance to be different I guess and an extra toy.I think it adds lighting to some extra areas as well.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
That was my dilemma, larger engine larger running costs or for same budget and to maintain a points free licence, went 2.0 R-Sport and have chucked most options at it. The FE didn't have enough spec. for me so didn't order one. I do like JagsCat's but have gone for Black Helix instead.

·
Registered
31 Posts
only done 80 miles in my r-sport everything is good love the interior and the red/black seats,
my only negative thing is when you view the rear of the car you see the fuel tank on the left
and the suspension on the right i think it spoils a very good rear.
what do other owners think ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Awesome car. Exceptionally comfortable a real mile eater. Fantastic economy 45mpg (but I've got a manual not auto which is why I think I'm getting far superior economy TBH). Quick enough but really tested it yet as the engines not run in. Absolutely fabulous and fit and finish is superb. You won't be disappointed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really love my 2.0d :) It's comfortable, spacious and the engine is getting better and better. I've already done 2500km in a month.
My dad who owns a GLC with pneumatic suspensiontried it yesterday and really enjoyed it: it's more precise but a bit less comfy and the 2 engines provide the same feeling when accelerating.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mig said:
I really love my 2.0d :) It's comfortable, spacious and the engine is getting better and better. I've already done 2500km in a month.
My dad who owns a GLC with pneumatic suspensiontried it yesterday and really enjoyed it: it's more precise but a bit less comfy and the 2 engines provide the same feeling when accelerating.
An interesting comparison, what about the refinement between the two cars?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tough question !
My dad has the Fascination trim (highest one in France) with the Camel leather which looks gorgeous and classy.
I have an R-Sport with Jet/Red leather so a lot sportier.
I'd say that without picking options the GLC has better equipments and is better finished (if that's right to say in English). There is no bad plastic compare to the F-Pace.
I don't like the GLC gear stick and the center screen which is not well integrated at all. Also I'm used to touch screens and I hate the GLC infotainment system.
In terms of sound I have the 380W Meridian and my dad the standard audio system. Mine sounds better but I've not tried his enough to say if it's just better or a lot better.
I almost bought a GLC myself with Burmester but I missed something that would make me spend 60000€...which I found in the F-Pace.
I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well i made the mistake couple of years ago to get a Mini countryman 1.6d, instead of getting the 2.0d, and i regretted it a lot.
People say that they are afraid of the running costs, but i find it that bigger engines on same Cruise speeds, tend to be more economical. Friend bought the 2.0d and while i am in 34mpg range, he is in the 40mpg range. So i went for the 3.0d First of all for the torque which makes it more fun to drive, and on the long run if you arent hard of the gas, the economy. I dont know that was just my 2cents.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mig said:
Tough question !
My dad has the Fascination trim (highest one in France) with the Camel leather which looks gorgeous and classy.
I have an R-Sport with Jet/Red leather so a lot sportier.
I'd say that without picking options the GLC has better equipments and is better finished (if that's right to say in English). There is no bad plastic compare to the F-Pace.
I don't like the GLC gear stick and the center screen which is not well integrated at all. Also I'm used to touch screens and I hate the GLC infotainment system.
In terms of sound I have the 380W Meridian and my dad the standard audio system. Mine sounds better but I've not tried his enough to say if it's just better or a lot better.
I almost bought a GLC myself with Burmester but I missed something that would make me spend 60000€...which I found in the F-Pace.
I hope this helps :)
Thank you Mig, indeed slightly differing market segment for either car. But my main concern was the engine refinement on both, as I understand the new GLC has a new engine which is a lot better than the older "bag of nails" MB had before.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts