Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just discovered the forum and I'm hoping to find some valuable advice from you guys.

I am in the process of selecting a company car, budget is just a touch over £35k which means I can just about get an F-pace, manual version.

Now my original choice was an XF, but with 3 kids and usually carrying quite a bit of kit with me, the F-pace does make a lot of sense.

My first worry is that the manual gearbox isn't that well suited to the 2.0d in the F-pace, but this is only what I have read on a number of reviews, so any owners on here with the manual gearbox, your views would be much appreciated.

Also, the MPG figures quoted by Jag seem, well quite optimistic for a car of this size and shape, so real world MPG figures would also be good to hear from you guys.

In terms of spec, well being the entry model it seems to have all I would really need, but it seems more practical than the XF and as I do quite a bit of mountain biking, the boot will comfortable take my bike in the event that I am too cold and wet to put it onto the roof! :)

Anyway, thanks in advance for your advice guys...

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Catwoman, Jagscat ... it's your time to shine!

(PS .. welcome Welshjag.. specced as a <£40k car I don't think you can go wrong. It's as it gets more pricey that certain deficiencies start to become apparent)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

As much as I love the look of the Sport model, I'm afraid budget constraints leave me looking at Prestige only, but standard spec meets most if not all of my daily needs.

Forgot to mention, is the RWD version, not the AWD that I would be looking at,

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Welcome Welshjag!

I have the AWD manual r-sport and I have not been disappointed, it is wonderful to drive.

Jags cat has the RWD version . . I'm sure he'll be along shortly to tell you his impressions.

With regards to fuel consumption, my experience is that it can fluctuate quite wildly and inexplicably, my best being over 50mpg, my average being around 40 and my worst being low 30s!

They are all great cars though, the manuals being fun to drive and engage with :p

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
WelshJag said:
How does the manual gearbox feel with it being a big car, not clunkiness with it?
Definitely no clunkiness . . before I got mine I was worried because I had only test driven a manual XE (due to there being no manual demonstrator FPs) and that did feel sluggish and quite clunky . . but I stuck to my guns and went with my manual order and I am very glad I did . . it is well balanced on the gear ratios for the weight and power the engine delivers . . I love it!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hey Welshjag

These might be big ish cars but they are relatively light. Even lighter in RWD and manual form. Compared to my 3.0 auto AWD your 2.0 manual RWD will be over 200kg lighter.

This will make the handling more agile and the fuel consumption far better. So fret not. Also these cars spend 90% of their time in RWD on a normal drive anyway. So you're not missing out there either.

You also won't have the glitchy ICTP and all the extras to worry about. I say go for it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I agree, you cannot go wrong at that end of build Welshjag, it is a fantastic driving and handling car, and you not suffer some of the higher end option glitches, ITCP, although if you can get a rear camera, I can assure you that would be a very useful option over the narrow rear visability
Piers

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Just because F-Pace S mentioned it on another concurrent thread, about there being a lack of new pictures, http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1846&p=23979#p23979 here's one I took earlier, before the weather turned to..... Angus Young

I love the interior of my car, jet/red with light headlining, anaolgue dials . . gorgeous!!! :cool: :twisted: :p
. . and everyone tried to tell me it wouldn't work, but the point is, it does for me! ;)

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I 3rd this. 2.0 more than capable. If you are stand car with no ICTP you will love it!!! Brilliant car. Rated 1st place in best SUV in a car mag this month, hardest choice will be colour, actually it's not hard.....Ammonite all the way!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the brilliant feedback guys.

That's a fair weight difference between the manual and auto cars. A lot of my driving will be motorway stuff anyway, so as long as I can achieve mid 40's then I will be happy.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who was scepticale about a manual F-Pace, but it is reassuring to know that others haven't had no regrets.

Strong possibility I may become a long term member of the forum then guys :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Welshjag

Come aboard!! you will be delighted with the car as others have said the lower end is the sweet spot of the range to minimise possible issues.

It looks like your going to make the right call colourwise too!!

I love the way it the dew clings to the black paint in a morning!!

Car Vehicle Photograph Grille Vehicle registration plate

and then how it shines when the sun comes out

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Go for it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Black and manual sounds great. I'd also say go ICTP if you can as it adds a huge amount. The big screen, info across onto the drivers side, Wifi hotspot and 3G and remote start is that ICTP Pro only or available on all systems.
Just feels a lot more modern and future proof to me when I then compare to the smaller standard one

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
.....remote start is that ICTP Pro only or available on all systems.
Remote Start is not available on any manual versions . . imagine what would happen if you used it when it had been left parked in gear!

Fortunately, it's not a feature I require, or miss having . . :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Apologies Welshjag, I had written a long post... :? but it decided to go off somewhere else!!!
Anyway gearbox.... good....not as smooth as Evoque manual, but not far behind
Mpg 45-47 on A/B roads upto 60 mph. 43-45 on A / motorway at 80 -90 mph but this will of course depend on you style of driving at these speeds.

Appreciate option costs are limited... so agree that rear camera is priority here, should be standard fit in my opinion at this level of car!!!prestige or NOT!!
Let us or me know what else we can help with !!!
Car is fantastic to drive. Auto is for lazy buggers that can't multi task...or count to 8 anyway. :eek: :shock: :eek: oops...did that keyboard really do that !! :lol: :lol:
Colour.....only ever had 1 black car out of nearly 30 .....so it should be white..... however the chrome will be washed out so dare I say...... go for black... just make sure you like cleaning on a step ladder.

·
Registered
922 Posts
PMSL :lol: :lol: however.... I stand on top of the rear wheel and clean 80% of the roof that way, then stand carefully on the front door tread plates to get at the very front of the pano roof....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
catwoman said:
Mbadger77 said:
.....remote start is that ICTP Pro only or available on all systems.
Remote Start is not available on any manual versions . . imagine what would happen if you used it when it had been left parked in gear!

Fortunately, it's not a feature I require, or miss having . . :)
Yes very good point. Is remote start on the standard control ?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts