Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel that my 2.0 Ltr F-Pace holds onto 1st gear a little bit too long when pulling away, driving normally?
I mentioned this to the receptionist at my Jaguar dealer and he admitted that another customer had also mentioned it but obviously not too many customers have actually taken delivery of the 2.0 ltr engine F-Paces yet. It does it in both economy and normal driving modes?
Anyone else with the same opinion?

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's hard to comment without driving your car. I thought mine was doing this with all the early gears when I first had mine. Are you driving ultra carefully because it's new or for fuel economy? If you are then this may be the reason. If you put your foot down normally and just drive, I found that mine stooped doing this, especially in eco. if you're doing neither of the above, then may be it has a problem?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It's probably 2nd gear to begin with as it does not go into 1st unless specifically selected. I have noticed mine hold 2nd gear a tad longer as the car tries to decide if I am going to keep accelerating at the same level or more vigorously. I think it's just one of those 'quirks' where the car is trying to work out what you want to do. Ti be fair I drive with the paddles most of the time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a manual and I do notice quite a bit of wheel spin when pulling away at junctions where I have to turn at the same time, this is in the dry too!

·
Registered
453 Posts
As per above the vehicle always sets of in 2nd unless your using surface progress control or you select. Also the box learns your driving style and adjusts for best fit for your style takes quite a while i believe.
If you are running your car in and driving carefully you might want to get the gearbox control unit reset when you start driving more aggressively

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.