Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have saw some users posted that their turbo suddenly failed and caused total engine failure? Any tips to prevent or early detection of failure turbo?

Thanks
Zach

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 2018 SD4 [same engine} Discovery 5...

From the D5 forum :

"..The common issue that's starting here is the balance shaft failing. The early signs are a faint squeal that isn't much different to a belt slipping noise. Unfortunately if it's got that far then it's usually too late anyway."

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread1794.html

·
Registered
753 Posts
If it's failing it will become noisy and whistle, you may also lose power maybe black or even blue smoke, it you continue to use it the turbine may break up, that will wreck the engine. It's probably not more common on the FPace than any other brand.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anybody fitted a OBD2 wifi/BT transponder to read the sensors ?

Low oil pressure, low oil temp, all could be early warning signs.

I have the Torque pro app, never had the guts to use in in my new F-Type or new F-Pace..

Now traded the FP for a D5.. 2018.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve just joined this unfortunate club. Late 2016 2.0D. Owned from new. 92kilometre genuine mileage. Turbo went without any warning but now dealer is saying it needs a new engine. Would appreciate any thoughts on a few questions.

1.Do we think Jaguar would foot some/all of the new engine cost?

2. Is this really common?

3. Will the car ever be the same?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar situation late 2016 F Pace 2.0 Diesel with 80k miles serviced fully in accordance with JLR requirements. Turbo failed causing immediate engine failure. JLR charging €450 to assess before they will make a decision on warranty cover. Any one had having similar issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve just joined this unfortunate club. Late 2016 2.0D. Owned from new. 92kilometre genuine mileage. Turbo went without any warning but now dealer is saying it needs a new engine. Would appreciate any thoughts on a few questions.

1.Do we think Jaguar would foot some/all of the new engine cost?

2. Is this really common?

3. Will the car ever be the same?

Many thanks in advance
How did you get on with JLR , which dealer did you go to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m with Spirit motor group sandyford. They’ve had the car for 7 weeks now and I’m still waiting for a definitive timeframe on new engine and the cost. Apparently they’re talking to Jaguar??

·
Registered
349 Posts
How did you get on with JLR , which dealer did you go to.
Another post above about this. My turbo unit on a 2017 2.0D AWD R-Sport with 55k miles failed last week. I went to Listers Jaguar Solihull, first time there, who immediately referred the case to JLR warranty CRC team, the dealer argued to get offered 80% cover of replacement turbo, engine and DPF as the turbo shreded engine and DPF when it failed. I then argued my case with CRC and then the manager of the team who have now covered 100% of repair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts