Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nope but it will look like the DINKY toy LOL ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have seen them with 19" and and 20" as well as the 22" if you can go to it I would go for 20" as a minimum. I have just changed my order to 20" blades as the spec was with 19"

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was surprised that the car on 19" wheels at the London event looked fine and in balance. I didn't think the 20" suited it any better. This wasn't what I was expecting at all but shows why it is important to see it in the flesh. My dealer says they and most others will be getting a static display car mid March so not long to wait although no demonstrator to drive until mid April.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have to agree, that the 18" wheels look far to small for the overall design on the look of the car. Again we are into personal preference and opinion, for some it's colour that makes the car, some it's the black pack on white or a combination of all sorts, what matters is what you like or need from this car. Your money, your choice and not what you feel you should have to spec!

G

·
Mine arrived with the 19 Bionic and I'm happy with them.
The demo car is with 20 Matrix and they don't look good.
I would have love to get the 20 Venom but the upgrade costs 1815€ in France which is completely dumb...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
18"??? May I ask why? Off-roading?? My Evoque has 20" with 45 profile wall, same tyre profile as the 22" wheels, so I don't see why people are fretting about the tyres? They are not ultra low profiles. The rolling radius on FPace is huge, so with a relatively normal low profile tyre it needs a large diameter wheel that's all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
To me its a case of vanity v sanity.
Sure the 20's and 22's look really great, good eye catchers, look at me wheels. But I'll be happy with my mere 19" razors though from a practicality point of view. Terrible roads in my area, Kirklees, West Yorkshire. I think there would be a case of mis selling if the sales staff pushed 22's onto someone in this area. I should add that if I lived in a different area, I may well have upgraded.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I agree, but 18"????? My friends Mazda 3 has 18" wheels....a considerably smaller car, and I'm sure roads in NY are reasonable quality to some British roads.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'm sure the worst roads in any country could take the 22", it's a 45 profile tyre. I did see one review that said "if you don't like being the centre of attention don't buy an Fpace". I feel most of us are buying this car because........its new and secretly we love the exclusivity and attention. However had I hankered for that I would have bought the proper FE in that gorgeous blue!! But for me I'd rather buy a dull Ammonite Grey at same cost but full of goodies!!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
AlSnr said:
To me its a case of vanity v sanity.
Sure the 20's and 22's look really great, good eye catchers, look at me wheels. But I'll be happy with my mere 19" razors though from a practicality point of view. Terrible roads in my area, Kirklees, West Yorkshire. I think there would be a case of mis selling if the sales staff pushed 22's onto someone in this area. I should add that if I lived in a different area, I may well have upgraded.
i know your area well and yes i drove over through Marsden and over the Meltham some humongose potholes and i felt every one on 20" venoms

i only got them because i wanted the black wheels and only design that appealed to me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.