Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 F-Pace PHEV SE VIN SADCA2BY6MA664xyz (last 3 numbers shielded, can pm if required).

Hello,

I am a JLR client for many years, and know the specs in & out. So when I went to buy a demo F-Pace,
I was sure the 16 way seats with winged headrests would also come with ventilation and massage.
So I didn't check. Why check the obvious..

From the UK configurator, same content as Dutch version:
Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Parallel

Also in topix the powered adjustment of the headrest height is mentioned, as is the massage function, for this VIN.

You can understand my bewilderment when I could not find either ventilation or massage in the screen menu.
The salesman tried as well : no luck.

Now I wonder if in the build some data was entered incorrectly so the firmware for the ventilation and massage
are not installed, or not even linked to the VIN number ? But how comes it is correct in topix then ?

If this is corrected by editing to the correct type/model of seats will future updates correct the firmware ?

This problem is way beyond the expertise of the salesman and the workshop people can only repair whats broken,
and not correct a inventory mistake during the build.

The car comes from the Benelux distributor. From experience these are rather unwilling to pose it mildly.

How do I go about this further ? Reject the car ? I didn't even take delivery yet...

Best regards,

Dan
The Netherlands

·
Registered
F-pace P400e SE R-Dynamic limited edition, my22, Italian Racing Red, 20” black
10 Posts
Hoi Dan,

in Nederland is 16 voudig niet meer leverbaar sinds my22.
Daarvoor was 16 voudig was voorste stuk zitting en zij wangen verstelling het grote verschil.

ventilatie en massage stand was een extra pakket.

hoe weet ik dit mijn limited edition heeft oorspronkelijk ook 16 maar werd geleverd met 12.
Dit vanwege bouwjaar My22

12 is zat en de stoelen zitten geweldig.
Veel beter als in mijn laatste XF.

veel plezier je auto.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@LakeF-pace

Hi, thanks for your reply. I make it a habit to only write in English as its an English forum.

My car is a 2021 build, so it falls in the 'old school', and it had the 16 ways seats, and is specked as such in topix.

Here you can see : 16 ways are still available, even now.

Dutch configurator

The bottomline is : you have 12 way seats. Did you order ventilation of massage, and did you get that ?
Do your headrest adjust electric vertically, do you have the wings.. I guess not since you have the "12".

Do you have a pdf-brochure ore anything on the limited edition, since no description of it is to be found online.

My car has the alloy wheels from the limited edition though.

I assume they ran low on parts in early 2021 and just grabbed what they had in stock, just to keep producing.

Than they gave it a label ( 'limited') , hoping they'd skate through. I wonder if some essential parts are missing,

like the compressor for the massage function.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Dan, sorry I will write in English (Google translate was on).

Your car is not a limited edition because a SE spec is always R-Dynami and not delivered in 2021. Yes I do have the specs for the Limited Edition.

In The Netherland the std 16-way seats where not vented or hat massage in 2021.
(like my car supposed to be delivered but where cancelled due to chip shortest).
So std 16 way on a SE and what you show above is an extra package for 2022 which maybe was also available for a 2021 as a package.

Bare in mind that every country has small differences in the cars specifications.
A lot of 2021 cars in Holland are from Belgium, France and Germany.

The dealer can give you a list of all the option that are on the car in 1 minute then you know.
If your vented and massage seats are not on there it is not on the car and can’t be activated.

I think the Jaguar advert the wrong spec, sorry.

good luck

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@LakeF-pace

Thanks. That explains why I can not find a 'limited' edition with 16-way seats, and only as 'R-Dynamic' !
Then the 'limited' specs aren't really important to me, thanks.

The dealers said '21 / '22 cars are identical ; there is no "model year 2022".

So if this added package was ordered with the car, it should be complete.
If venting and massage are not included, the 'list price' doesn't add-up either way.

The car originates from Belgium, but BE/ NL / LU specs are identical, still are.

The list you mention comes from 'TOPICS' , the build specs off the car from the factory,
and that is where ventilation and massage are mentioned also !

So as its 'specked' it should be build like that..

The car never was advertised. I came to the dealer for another car, an R-Dynamic.
I don't fit in those seats ( 3XL shoulders, 2m tall, 105Kg..).

So I asked if he had anything that would fit, then he realized this car just arrived the
day before. They didn't even finish the buying process themselves..

I gave them the same arguments as posted above. They can look into it,

but after 6 cars from JLR in 5 years, I know the limitations of the importer.

That's why I try to get a direct line to the factory, through this forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@LakeF-tempo

Bedankt. Over waarom ik geen 'limited' editie met 16-way stoelen kan vinden, en alleen als 'R-Dynamic'!
Dan zijn de 'beperkte' specificaties niet zo belangrijk voor mij, bedankt.

De dealers gegevens dat '21/'22's identiek zijn; er is geen "modeljaar 2022".

Dus als dit extra pakket bij de auto is besteld, zou het compleet moeten zijn.
Als ontluchting en massage niet zijn inbegrepen, telt de 'catalogusprijs' ook niet op.

De auto komt uit Belgie, maar BE/NL/LU specs zijn identiek, nog steeds.

De lijst die je noemt komt uit 'TOPICS', de bouwspecificaties van de auto af fabriek,
en daar worden ook ventilatie en massage genoemd!

Dus omdat het 'gespikkeld' is, zou het zo moeten worden gebouwd.

Er is nooit reclame gemaakt voor de auto. Ik kwam bij de dealer voor een andere auto, een R-Dynamic.
Ik pas niet in die stoelen (3XL schouders, 2m lang, 105Kg..).

Dus ik vroeg of hij iets had dat zou passen, toen realiseerde hij zich dat deze auto net was aangekomen
dag ervoor. Ze hebben het koopproces niet eens zelf afgemaakt..

Ik gaf ze dezelfde argumenten als hierboven gepost. Ze kunnen er naar kijken,

maar na 6 auto's van JLR 5 jaar ken ik de beperkingen van de importeur.

Daarom probeer ik via dit forum een directe lijn naar de fabriek te krijgen.
[/CITAAT]
Hallo Dan,

Geloof me, ik zag de specificatie van my22 w

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hallo Dan,

Zie bijgevoegde foto.
Ik wilde deze kopen maar was verkocht ik er een proefrit mee kon maken.

Dit is het specificatiedocument waar ik je over vertelde.

Good luck.
Font Material property Monochrome Parallel Paper

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@LakeF-pace

Thanks ! In the meantime I contacted some dealers who offer 2021 cars with 16-way seats.

I explained the issues at hand and asked them to check. Both had no massage or ventilation.

Finally I got to a friend who has access to the topix detailed/dealer files.

There it shows that some parts were not fitted. So although topix mentions vent/massage,

it can never work. Problem for me is : can I get those parts and then get a firmware version

that makes it function. The parts are not very expensive.

Would be rediculous to fit aftermarket massage..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that to assist you further I would be required to escalate your query with our Global Relations team as we only manage queries for the UK market on this Forum.

Please send me a PM with your VIN and contact details should you wish for me to pass your query on to the relevant area of the business.

Thanks, Dan - Jaguar UK

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. In the mean time the number of discrepancies between what should be there (like vented/massage in 16-ways seats), apparent from the physical aspects like this in the car and what TOPIX stated it should have ( but didn't carry), became too long. I also asked the dealer if I would be allowed to have an aftermarket massage option fitted in the drivers chair with a loose power supply through a sigaretlighter socket ( to be sure not to upset the CANBUS system), but that would discontinue any warranty on the seat..

So I politely asked the dealer to cancel the contract, which he did. So now I am back in my FFRR P400e Autobiograpy, which only has a single issue :
the USB/4G/BT/SIM unit cutting out randomly.

The dealer once replaced the unit, to no avail. Then he erased the complete infotainment and reloaded it by cable, assuming there was a 'weaving errror" ,
due to possibly incomplete OTA updates.

Also this did not solve it as the unit cut out again two days later. Since then ( now 3 weeks / 11 starts..) it did not occur again. Fingers crossed..

It is a mystery to the dealer and appears not repairable since its not a permanent fault.. I decided to life it since I can not find ( short supply of any car) a half decent replacement..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts