Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is not strictly an F-Pace question, but related more to the general ordering process, so I'll move it if its inappropriately in the wrong place.

I have rang around today to find a less popular dealer who can get me an F-Pace in the shortest possible time.

Some are happy to say a June build for July delivery, well two dealers. They stipulated it would not be unheard of if it actually got delivered in August.

This is where my concern creeps in. Would I be better off (financially that is) waiting till September for the new plate? If so, a little or a lot better off?

I will be taking it back in 12 months for PX, better spec or just just ship and go back to Land Rover.

If I was to take delivery in Aug and then PX the following year in Aug, would the PX value be close to that of the September one?

So 16 plate, 17 PX (Aug) was due out.

or

If say I had just taken deliver of one (I wish) on a 16 plate, would I be looking at the same PX value if I was to take it back at the same time, late 17 plate (Aug).

I might be making no sense.

In case 1, I'd get 12 months, in case 2 I'd get 17 months. Would the PX values be comparable as they are still in theory the same plate years, but one case is at the start of a plate and the other is towards the end?

I don't know how the industry works, I am guessing its based upon plate and not actual age, so buying at the start of the plate makes more sense maybe than buying towards the end, but how much more sense and do dealers actual take age into consideration when putting a PX value? Or is it black and white, based upon plate, millage and condition?

Have I made any sense at all :) ...?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think it all depends on the demand for the car going foward.

Macans were commanding list price trade ins after 12-18 months. So the plate change didn't really make any difference.

If waiting list times come down then I think the plate change would affect value, but by how much I don't know. I don't think it would be massive in the grand scheme of the cars value.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Interesting that two dealers still saying June build for July delivery when most have sold this years allocation and are saying 2017. At the London event two weeks ago Jaguar said this timescale was possible for my order made in January but anyone ordering then (two weeks ago) was looking at October/November as earliest. I'd be careful it isn't an over optimistic salesperson.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There would be minimal difference I think, especially as the mileage will be the same in both scenarios. A quick check online for a Macan shows that the part-ex price for 2014/14 plate with 20k miles on the clock is only £395 less than a 2014/64 plate model with the same mileage (£37,505 v £37,900). So I would purchase asap and enjoy the car earlier :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Earlybird said:
There would be minimal difference I think, especially as the mileage will be the same in both scenarios. A quick check online for a Macan shows that the part-ex price for 2014/14 plate with 20k miles on the clock is only £395 less than a 2014/64 plate model with the same mileage (£37,505 v £37,900). So I would purchase asap and enjoy the car earlier :)
Totally agree if the car in demand it will make no difference at all, if it's not then you will be looking at approx £500 and any P/X will go down by that much anyway.

If the F-Pace is going to create demand/waiting list then the quicker you get in it the better and come September you will then be thinking if I wait a few months more I will get the MY18 model with all the thing they have put right from the MY17 model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts