Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really seen much mention of these, so for people umming and aahhing I would absolutely recommend the 14 way seats. They are absolutely stonking. I love the way once you are settled in you can make the seat contour exactly to your torso and it really holds you in place. It's completely brilliant. Probably the option I love the most! The extending squab is also brilliant the way it rolls out.

Easily the best seats I've ever had in a car.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
^ agree totally!! So often the squab isn't deep enough to support under your thighs but the extender tucks nicely upto the back of your knee. So pleased with mine!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes I went 10 way and perhaps didn't think about it too much. I sort of expected them to have memory slots and only after lock in did I realise they didn't.
The 14 way I guess squeezes from the sides as well ? My previous XF had all that and they were pretty good,
I'm really liking the new seats though even with 10 way and a plastic mechanical steering adjustment.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
^ agree totally!! So often the squab isn't deep enough to support under your thighs but the extender tucks nicely upto the back of your knee. So pleased with mine!
There you are! Was about to send out the search party! How you getting on with your stuff? Mine booked in on Sep 26 to have the new update.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks guys. I hadn't considered 14 way until the dealer mentioned it. I ticked the box but have wondered whether I made the right decision.
Now I know I have. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
You won't regret it .. being literally clamped in place makes you really test the torque vectoring :)
Looking forward to it :) :cool: :lol:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
You won't regret it .. being literally clamped in place makes you really test the torque vectoring :)
Look forward to that in mine, my dealer did say the 14 way were better than just 4 extra movements

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hope you got a memory pack ... there's about a gazillion different permutations .... if not once you've found the perfect setting pull the fuse so no-one can change it!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hopefully the 10 way with memory provide ample clampage

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have 10-way with memory and I ate the cakes... :lol: :lol: :lol: no movement at all!

Don't need electric steering adjustment because not its set, I don't expect to ever move it again! My wife just makes the seat a bit higher and job done!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So .. funny story ... I spent ages getting the seats, mirrors and steering all set up nicely, the fine tuning is brilliant.

My other half jumps in and says "oh wow this position is perfect for me too" .. I'm like "no bloody way .. we paid for a memory pack ... find your own settings you are not having mine"!!! :x :x :lol:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I didn't bother with memory, because my wife will hardly ever drive it, and when she does it use she will just move the seat forward a bit, she wont mess with the other buttons

·
Registered
688 Posts
a true first world problem indeed! Other drivers, valeters and the like daring to move my seat position... it NEVER goes back to the same spot! memory seats were a must, second after the mood lighting!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went 10-Way plus lumbar and memory pack.

Considered the 14 way, but being a short arse, the seat squab extender would never have been used, and I could live without the side bolsters.

My car is also used as a mobile office, so as well as driving, I may be parked up making calls, be on the laptop, or having a coffee. Therefore despite being the only one who will drive the car, I like having memory seats so I can have a driving position and also a "relax/work" position.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Growler said:
My car is also used as a mobile office, so as well as driving, I may be parked up making calls, be on the laptop, or having a coffee. Therefore despite being the only one who will drive the car, I like having memory seats so I can have a driving position and also a "relax/work" position.
Ah, good point, I had not considered that, I am the same as you, driving/working/relaxing. In the BM, you have a lever to slide the seat back and forth, and electric everything else, so I just slid it back and forth, ah well, if that is my only problem with the car.... ;)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Only noticed last night that the Jag is super stingey compared to my old Evoque in that the memory is for driver only, not driver and passenger.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts