Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

ICTP Patch '3'

361K views 1K replies 109 participants last post by  corriescar66 
#1 ·
Confirmation in writing from my dealer just now that they have the "comprehensive" update for ICTP and it's going into my car from Monday so will report back!

#727 ·
Phew!!

Now. If you have the Meridian Surround system I suggest sitting in the centre of the rear seat (best not whilst you are driving) and play track 1 (Telegraph Road) at volume level 45. Fader set to just front on centre. Meridian surround mode. Bass +3 Treble +4 Sub +2.

Best 14 minutes 20 seconds of my life.

#728 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Phew!!

Now. If you have the Meridian Surround system I suggest sitting in the centre of the rear seat (best not whilst you are driving) and play track 1 (Telegraph Road) at volume level 45. Fader set to just front on centre. Meridian surround mode. Bass +3 Treble +4 Sub +2.

Best 14 minutes 20 seconds of my life.
No Meridian for me I'm afraid, never really get to enjoy really loud music in the car anymore to make the cost worthwhile....

The research into the fabled ICTP 3.0 made me think more of...

'It's a mystery to me, the game commences, for the usual fee.....'

Also bloody good, extremely loud! :)

#731 ·
Spoke to hardwoods as well and didn't have a clue about any proper patch 3 so that's enough for me backed up with no Topix entry.
There isn't a patch 3 yet until I see a Topix reference, changed icons on somebody's car or something else compelling.
I'm due another conversation on Monday so of course will update if anything concrete turns up.

#732 ·
Just had a phone call from dealer, my 1 week old replacement as some will read has the ITCP Bluetooth issues, I took delivery last Friday the 3rd, latest software was installed, however they have completed a bulletin (whatever that is) yesterday, it needed a new install (first attemp failed).

They have driven it fifty miles and not been able to replicate the fault, I will collect in the next two hours and start testing the Bluetooth connection, fingers crossed,

I can't tell you version numbers until I see the paperwork.... but apparently this was a new bulletin.

#734 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Spoke to hardwoods as well and didn't have a clue about any proper patch 3 so that's enough for me backed up with no Topix entry.
There isn't a patch 3 yet until I see a Topix reference, changed icons on somebody's car or something else compelling.
I'm due another conversation on Monday so of course will update if anything concrete turns up.
Sorry would not hold you breath to what Harwoods told you,

They did not know about patch 2.5 until i told them and then they told me it was not out but it was.
Did not know how to do the update as they said it was done but the icons had not changed until i showed them they had not done it and then they found they had issues.

So i would not hold what your told as truth, maybe they have not had the information as before as said they told me it was not out when others had the update.

Would be so much easier if there was a difference we could show as before.

I will ask Spire Watford for a K code to settle it once and for all.

#738 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Ambitious words!!

I will publish Yorkie's manifesto if you manage to clear up all this ICTP confuddlement :)
I have had a reply for Spire and the reply is they will ask the workshop manager on Monday to clear everything up with the K code so fingers crossed we will know one way or another, either i have been lied to or other dealers have not got a clue as to whats happening.

Either way it would be so much easier if we could see a build code on the system. :(

#739 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Ambitious words!!

I will publish Yorkie's manifesto if you manage to clear up all this ICTP confuddlement :)
I have had a reply for Spire and the reply is they will ask the workshop manager on Monday to clear everything up with the K code so fingers crossed we will know one way or another, either i have been lied to or other dealers have not got a clue as to whats happening.

Either way it would be so much easier if we could see a build code on the system. :(
I'm sure they didn't lie to you per say... After all they are just a dealer and they sold you a car...

They either massaged the truth or are just as ignorant as all the others, which is not necessarily their fault. They only get verified information slightly in advance of the rest of us.

However, my information did not come from a dealer. If they loaded ICTP 3.0 I will eat my F Pace, with or without mayonnaise.

#740 ·
The Gman said:
Just had a phone call from dealer, my 1 week old replacement as some will read has the ITCP Bluetooth issues, I took delivery last Friday the 3rd, latest software was installed, however they have completed a bulletin (whatever that is) yesterday, it needed a new install (first attemp failed).

They have driven it fifty miles and not been able to replicate the fault, I will collect in the next two hours and start testing the Bluetooth connection, fingers crossed,

I can't tell you version numbers until I see the paperwork.... but apparently this was a new bulletin.
Great hope it works is for you G. If you get that bulletin number let us know as mines booked in but right now I'm not sure I'm taking it as I'm not getting a straight answer from anywhere

Thanks

#741 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
Ambitious words!!

Sort this out and we'll send you to the Middle East and resolve their issues.

#742 ·
So still no proper patch 3 out - haven't checked Topix today but will keep an eye on it.

#745 ·
It is apparently for people with ITC only and sorts out some stereo parameter issues with speakers being out of Phase on the software.

I 100% have a different setup on the Supercharged first edition to what i had in the Diesel first edition, got bass and got bass control from the rear bass speaker, all of which i did not have on the Diesel.

#746 ·
corriescar66 said:
Ok. To clear up the situation definitively....

ICTP - the latest update is K437v3 - InControl Touch Pro Phase 2.5 Software Update, which was issued on 27th January 2017

ICT - the latest issue is v3.0 (email issued to dealers on 27th February 2017) - no idea what this does, sorry....

So, if you have ICTP and someone tells you you have 'update 3.0' it's bollox......

I have been running K437v3 since 30th January and it hasn't made the slightest difference to anything - perhaps increased the possibility of it freezing and making the Nav even slower.

You maybe luckier..... :(
Yawn.

#747 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
It is apparently for people with ITC only and sorts out some stereo parameter issues with speakers being out of Phase on the software.

I 100% have a different setup on the Supercharged first edition to what i had in the Diesel first edition, got bass and got bass control from the rear bass speaker, all of which i did not have on the Diesel.
Bass and subwoofer ? Bit confused. Any pictures.
Highlighted the phase 3 channel thing a few weeks back but I'm off to check Topix again as part of my bi or tri-weekly routine.

#748 ·
And there is a new update!!!!

K437v4 Incontrol Pro Touch Pro Phase 2.5 software update (note V4)

Of course you need a subscription to view the below and I haven't paid to look see what differences are as sure they are minor fixes. Sure it was V3 last time I looked so there is the new patch.

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=773890

Phase 3 will be out shortly so they say

#749 ·
Mbadger77 said:
And there is a new update!!!!

K437v4 Incontrol Pro Touch Pro Phase 2.5 software update (note V4)

Of course you need a subscription to view the below and I haven't paid to look see what differences are as sure they are minor fixes. Sure it was V3 last time I looked so there is the new patch.

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/content/document/view?id=773890

Phase 3 will be out shortly so they say
Yes it was V3, but these are just ongoing minor tweaks to 2.5.

We are still guinea pigs. 3.0 is not imminent. I bloody wish it was.

Do you think they'd keep trying out 'tweaks' if a completely new version was about to come out?

But I'm guessing this is a private conversation, so I'll keep schtum...

#751 ·
corriescar66 said:
On the subject of Topix, if you trawl through it, you can also find a reference to a 4.2L V8 F Pace.
NICE spot. That would fit the bill for an SVR :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.