Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

What Miles per Gallon?

76K views 249 replies 73 participants last post by  Gato Grande 
#1 ·
What miles per gallon are you getting? I have 2.0d and although it has not done many miles yet, I'm getting between 24 and 26 and on a run 29. I will admit to driving it hard. I had a 2.2 Evoque and that would show 26. Last going off I had a Macan 3.0d and that would average 32, 40+ on a run and never go under 30. My presumption was that the Ingenium engine would be a lot more efficient than the old Ford 2.2 motor in the Evoque.

#3 ·
My 3.0 diesel has returned 35 mpg over approximately 1500 miles. This included a quick run from The Cotswolds to the Lakes and back last weekend and quite a bit of pottering around town. I am really pleased with this as the engine hasn't really loosened up yet.

#4 ·
I get average of 38-40 in an R sport 2.0d, ive done approx 2600 miles since getting it and the mpg has gone up and up as the engine has loosened up, ive also tried to adhere to the running in notes in the owners manual. Not sure if absolutely necessary to run in with todays engines but 1 of the service technicians said was a good idea. He commented on a difference in noise levels /engine noise between Discovery Sports that had been in the workshop. He reckoned the ones that had been run in properly were quieter and possibly smoother.

#5 ·
Only 250 miles on the clock but my 3.0d is reading 35.2mpg with a mix of 90 miles long run and the rest runs of 6 miles at a time. Very happy so far...

P.S. All without running it in ECO mode.

#6 ·
Sounds like the 2.0 needs to work very hard to shift the weight when your hammering it if then3.0s are getting mid 30s
Mind you if you are really hammering it then I'd expect less :)

#8 ·
bluediamond013 said:
2.0d Portfolio with just over 900 miles on the clock:

30-33 city driving.

45-46 country lane cruising.

Pretty damn good I think :)
Very good,

#9 ·
Mbadger77 said:
bluediamond013 said:
2.0d Portfolio with just over 900 miles on the clock:

30-33 city driving.

45-46 country lane cruising.

Pretty damn good I think :)
Very good,
So MB what is your bet on SC mpg I am hopping for something akin to my 53plate RR 3ltr D which averaged 23... A friend had a 54 plate petrol RR he average 17....

But I am impressed with the numbers above from a 2ltr D with that much car to pull...

#10 ·
Yes think our super chargers will be showing high teens for heavy driving and low 20s generally with maybe 30 on the longer runs

I won't be expecting more than about 23 to the gallon day to day.

#12 ·
Same as blue diamond. 45 mpg country lanes. Trip from Barmouth to Stafford (Midlands) I got 53mpg. Absolutely stunned and I wasn't hanging about either. Oh mines a manual with 19" bionics if that makes any difference to economy. I'm guessing the manual may offer far superior economy from what I'm hearing from guys with the auto. Glad I went manual :)

#14 ·
typolee said:
Same as blue diamond. 45 mpg country lanes. Trip from Barmouth to Stafford (Midlands) I got 53mpg. Absolutely stunned and I wasn't hanging about either. Oh mines a manual with 19" bionics if that makes any difference to economy. I'm guessing the manual may offer far superior economy from what I'm hearing from guys with the auto. Glad I went manual :)
Are you based in Stafford?

#15 ·
I'm quite impressed Dads hitting 46ish already. That was 2 up, 2 dogs and a bit of weekend luggage, awd/auto set in 'normal' mode. He got his foot down a couple if times overtaking slow wagons, but it was a steady hour and a quarter drive from Dudley (sort of) down to shobdon (Hereford/Leominster way).

I think with some thoughtful footwork, it should be capable of topping 50mpg on the same journey. Not bad for a big bus :D

#16 ·
So is a quick summary of the results above that, dependant on your driving style , both 2 and 3L auto versions seem to be similar? With manual cars doing a little better? and 3L petrol worse?

#21 ·
Just found the ECO data following a comment on here last night (Blank when I collected the car - doh!)

Best ever journey Solihull-Hereford - motorway/A roads 59.9 mpg
journey to work 8 miles - country lanes 50%/town traffic lights 50% 42mpg (last 3 trips all virtually identical mpg)

2.0D AWD Auto

#22 ·
59.9 in an auto is seriously impressive!

My best so far is 54.1 on a 40 mile motorway run but its improving as the engine opens up (only done 290 miles so far)

#23 ·
Best journey in 3.0D 53.7mpg over 31miles though a specs camera zone on m6 from Holmes Chapel to Urmston in Manchester.........
Overall average over 3k miles is 37.4mpg

#24 ·
My worst now, short jaunt in to town 17.6 and I think the best on a reasonably long A road journey has been 36 ( wife in car ). The average seems to be in the mid 20's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.