Rejected tonight

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Photoman

Rejected tonight

Post by Photoman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Rejected our car tonight.

These are some of the issues, although it turned up in the dark!

Not impressed, as we were supposed to have delivery this morning, told three times it had been cleaned (it hadn't) and then turns up at 6.15pm.

IMG_2977.JPG

IMG_2974.JPG

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

IMG_2961.JPG

JLRnumber5

Re: Rejected tonight

Post by JLRnumber5 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Wow. That's really dreadful. So sorry. What explanation did they offer?
3.0dS, Glacier, Red/Jet, Black pack, 22" Black helix, Priv glass, Sliding pano, 18 way seats/mem/elec st.column, LED, ICTP+825W Meridian, Gesture tailgate, BSM, AdSR, Rear seat levers, cup holder cover, skinny spare

Photoman

Post by Photoman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Still insisting it was cleaned.

Seriously dirty inside, scratches on bonnet, paint missing around filler cap, leather scuff on steering wheel, three big marks on rear seats, scuffs on plastics under steering wheel and dash, inside plastics on boot scuffed very badly. List goes on.

Spire, Watford

Waynem

Post by Waynem » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Imagine it before they cleaned it :shock:

typolee

Post by typolee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:48 pm

wtf? That is truly truly shocking. And the dash doesn't look as if it's fitted correctly!!

gjw891

Post by gjw891 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Spire Watford the worst service department I have ever had dealings with! Wouldn't trust them to supply, service or work on any car I owned. Had the worst and most costly experience with one of their new BMWs. Never again!

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Ridiculous. I'm lost for words.
3.0dS, Glacier, Red/Jet, Black pack, 22" Black helix, Priv glass, Sliding pano, 18 way seats/mem/elec st.column, LED, ICTP+825W Meridian, Gesture tailgate, BSM, AdSR, Rear seat levers, cup holder cover, skinny spare

Photoman

Post by Photoman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:59 pm

Tonight they offered...you get it valeted, we will pay. That's it.

We rejected it and sent the driver home after two hours of calls. There is about 60 miles extra on the clock, I'm wondering if staff/customer has used it.
They can clean some of it, but steering wheel, rear seats, boot door plastics and dashboard marks will not clean.

Ordered in August, now not sure what to do.

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Quite right to reject it outright... what they hell were they thinking delivering a car like that..... seriously it left the factory like that..... hummm...? My money would be that they had to do something else which involved the dash coming out!! , and presumably thought it would be ok to re-install it using an axe!!! Make sure if you are going to let them build you another that you get the Vin number off this one to make sure they don't just rework it again !!!

Sorry your special day has been destroyed by these incompetent idiots.... there is no excuse for this.... Words fail me !!

I would recommend a loud call to Jaguar customer services if I thought it would get somewhere, but even that has very mixed results if the forum members experience is anything to go by!!!

60 mile test drive.... *ollocks..... don't go near it except to get that Vin number in the windscreen.

Regards,
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:07 pm

How on earth this dealer could think this is acceptable is beyond me. Utterly amateurish. I recently took possession of my f pace and as this dealer is in my neck of the woods I'm glad I purchased mine elsewhere. I drive part time for a Ford dealer in my area and all vehicles old or new are valletted before delivery back to a customer after a service never in a state such as yours. I feel for you.
Spec as follows:-
Italian racing red, 3.0 diesel, jet seats with jet headlining, opening pano roof,led headlights, 20"blade wheels,w380 radio, mood lighting, 5 year service pack, no cup cover ( I forgot) but cover discs with engraved leaper.

Return to “Introductions”