Rejected tonight

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
corriescar66

Re: Rejected tonight

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Photoman wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:45 pm
The marks on our seats are 'normal' after testing, so I'm guessing as the car is over four days old, they are going nowhere.

I forgot to mention, the scratches on the bonnet are apparently my fault, as I told them not to deliver without sorting out the shut lines.
You could not make this up.

I collected my cars from Audi, you could of eaten your dinner from them they were spotless. I knew Jaguar were never at Audi/BMW standards, but went for it. Why oh why...
With any brand, if the dealers are crap then the experience is crap... Not always the cars fault but Jaguar should take more interest in how their dealers behave.

I only ended up going with a Range Rover as my local BMW dealer was an arrogant t@$$@% and we never got past 'go' when trying to buy a 535d tourer. It's swings and roundabouts I'm afraid

There are good retailers/dealers out there, but unfortunately you picked one that beggars belief...
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Agreed that testing remark is bullshi*, any testing on this finished surface would require a formed shape that replicates a body form. Not sure if anyone on this forum has any exact right angle soft tissue areas..... Secondly if they have replaced the steering wheel, that is in itself admission of damage to the interior by something or someone.

When I visited my local dealer early last year,.... there was a first edition that had arrived off a transporter which had a large collection of interior / exterior trim parts scattered inside it. When I joking enquired is my car coming in bits also, I was told that some do leave the factory like it if a part is delayed in order to keep the line running. The car can be held temporarily on site then despatched and parts fitted by the dealer later!!!

My advice, for what it's worth, is stick to your principles and don't accept it as the trust has clearly been lost with the dealer. Plus..... when you come to sell it ..... you can sure they will notice it and want to knock off money!! I work in automotive ,testing and this excuse is a absolute lie, and I will speak with anyone who says otherwise. And surely if the ..... "TEST" was to see if the leather would be damaged or affected in anyway..... then the dent is evidence itself that it's no bloody good !!!

Regards,
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:50 pm

Photoman, your dealer's response sounds absolutely awful. With these pressure marks in the leather and all those other scratches and scuffs you had, inside and out, it seems they neither care, nor take any care! It's bad that you are having to go through this; as said before, I hope you get a satisfactory resolution.
8-) . . R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Stick to your guns and reject, this car would look bad as a second hand offering. They have obviously been up to something in and around the driver's seat and steering column, you have to wonder what is hidden where you can't see? My 5 year old 100,000 mile XF looked in better condition when I traded it in last October.
2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster seats and head lining, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Waynem

Post by Waynem » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:37 pm

newcat wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:31 pm
Also is there something missing from the dashboard? I can see wiring.
That's normal :shock:

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Don't accept it. Scratches are not your fault. You paid for a brand new car and I assume they agreed to deliver it.
Should turn up in brand new condition and not with scratches.
Other marks show there has been further lack of care. They can all be sorted out but that's not the point as they shouldn't be there in the first place. Why were there 60 miles on the clock ? How many were "testing miles" or was this them trying to get rid of a fault that they tried to fix and perhaps succeeded. Makes sense why it looks like bits of interior might have been played with and why they told you several times it was still getting washed.
The rear seats have been down with something under them or maybe a child seat in back or something.

It's not right and from just your side of the story it's unacceptable and tell them to stuff it. Find another dealer as they all aren't that bad.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Waynem wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:37 pm
newcat wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:31 pm
Also is there something missing from the dashboard? I can see wiring.
That's normal :shock:
Yes I queried this when first got but they all look the same.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:12 pm

This forum is upto about 2 pages of extended PDI listings to check now on new F-Pace deliveries, it is there for a reason, as the dealers just do not seem to spot obvious stuff like this sadly. I would not take delivery of that car.

In contrast I bought my new 5 series this week, saw in on AT, popped in, 5 minutes up the road in it, less than that looking at it, and picked it up the next day. There is life beyond JLR, and sooner or later, they are going to find that out, good looking cars only carry you so far with a £60k price tag I am afraid.
Sadly, 2nd car now rejected - F-Pace 3.0L diesel S, IRR, red leather, InTouchPro, Black pack, pano opening roof, 22" silver helix wheels, 14 way elec seats, cooled glovebox, privacy glass, configurable mood lighting and cup holder cover

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:51 pm

F-Pace S wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:12 pm
This forum is upto about 2 pages of extended PDI listings to check now on new F-Pace deliveries, it is there for a reason, as the dealers just do not seem to spot obvious stuff like this sadly. I would not take delivery of that car.

In contrast I bought my new 5 series this week, saw in on AT, popped in, 5 minutes up the road in it, less than that looking at it, and picked it up the next day. There is life beyond JLR, and sooner or later, they are going to find that out, good looking cars only carry you so far with a £60k price tag I am afraid.
Not a fan of many of the BMW range but good luck, hope you enjoy your new car.
First Edition 3 litre Supercharged Petrol in Caesium Blue Very limited 1 of 10 ever made, with every bells and whistle added :D

Birthwaite

Post by Birthwaite » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:17 pm

BMW? - I used to like them but now = Ipad with a car attached. F-Pace interior is much nicer. :)
3.0d S Ammonite, black pack, black leather with oyster, 22" silver helix, ICTP, LED adaptive headlights, 18way seats +mem, BSM, rear seat release, Adsr, config lighting, - March 2017 - Miles 1860

Return to “Introductions”