Rubbing Noise - Front Half Shaft

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
F-Pace S

Re: Rubbing Noise - Front Half Shaft

Post by F-Pace S » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 am

Arianne,
I am so sorry to hear of the latest set of news.

I know it is not a popular thought on here, but listening to you, just lets me relive my nightmare ownership of V1 and V2, and Jaguar 's total incompetence at fixing what are vital fixes on a 60k car, it absolutely outrageous, and angers me it is still happening.

What do I think you should do? I am torn...

Firstly, a replacement. This is a great idea if you can get it quickly and it is perfect, you have nothing to lose, as you can reject the 2nd one too if it is not.
Secondly, you could call it quits with JLR, this only works if you have another car option you want...

For me, having had 5 months of aggro on a 60k car, and despite many of them been perfect, I would get out now. I can only say this now, as I really struggled with it when it was my decision what to do, as my new car (not JLR) has been faultless. What I mean by this, is everything I have paid for works, without compromise, every time, and if it doesn't, warranty will cover everything without exception or question (past experience tells me). That is what you get with premium brands, and I am sorry to say that Jaguar is not a premium brand yet, they have many many lessons to learn.

Whatever happens, do not take that car back, and get those extra VED charges nailed down if replacing.

Wish you well with your next steps.
Piers
Sadly, 2nd car now rejected - F-Pace 3.0L diesel S, IRR, red leather, InTouchPro, Black pack, pano opening roof, 22" silver helix wheels, 14 way elec seats, cooled glovebox, privacy glass, configurable mood lighting and cup holder cover

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Thank you - everyone - for your advice and good wishes. Some folk have alluded to the fact that the experience is frustrating. Ownership of a premium new car should bring joy and make life simpler and easier. Unfortunately, when things go awry as in our case, the reality is that it demands time, energy and emotion just when one is juggling a busy schedule with work and family - just another plate to keep spinning alongside all of the others. It shouldn't be this way but it is.

For us, having read all of the posts, there are only three options. First, hope that Jaguar has a magician somewhere who can fix the car by early next week. Second, reject it and take the money back. Third, strike a deal to overcome the VED issue and hassle before agreeing to the supply of a replacement vehicle.

I cannot control the first option, this being in the hands of Jaguar and my dealer. My dealer, Lloyd Jaguar in Kelso, has been excellent thus far. I worry that their patience will run out at some point. The fault sits with Jaguar but the dealer and I are both suffering - I am running around in their courtesy car and I am unsure whether JLR or my dealer will be expected to pick up the tab if a fix cannot be found within the next few working days. Sooner or later someone will 'call time' on this sorry saga.

My dealership is working frenetically to obtain clarity on what on earth is going on. They are using all of their informal power and relationship management networks to try and understand how this can happen. Think..... door opens, they roll a grenade into the room with the pin removed and then close the door behind them! They have told me by phone just who they are lobbying and what positions of seniority and responsibility they hold within JLR. It would be immature of me to share this publically (sorry folks but I cannot burn my last remaining bridge) but they are undoubtably trying all they can.

I have decided to kick the can down the road until next week so that my dealer can see what effect their 'grenade' has on this matter. We love our car, she even has a name (you know how they say that you should never name your animals that you might later slaughter and eat? Well, that's how we feel about our particular F-Pace and the thought of rejecting her). And, as a few others have said, the quality of the replacement car is a lottery - ours is pretty good other than for the rotten OSF wheel noise.

Procrastination is always attractive as an option when the choice is emotionally challenging, don't you think? But I know that next week is probably decision time for us and my dealership. If there is no fix then we cannot take our car back - of that we are now 100% certain. Whether we take the cash back or try for a replacement vehicle depends upon the offer which the dealer and JLR make to us.

If I was a Customer Service Manager somewhere in the hierarchy of JLR then I know what I would do, and I would do it right here and now. I would make a decisive and unambiguous offer to my client. One that rectifies the matter straight away and demonstrates that, insofar as JLR is concerned, nothing short of excellence is acceptable in the way business is conducted and products are delivered. What would that look like? Simple - an immediate offer to procure a replacement car as a matter of priority, an offer to negate the adverse impact of the VED changes and a goodwill gesture in recognition of the inconvenience and frustration we have experienced in this sorry affair.

There it is! No if, but's or maybe's. Fast, decisive and designed to impress both me as the client and all of the other folk who are reading this thread and questioning the wisdom of placing an order for what should be a wonderful car.

Will they do this? Well, we shall see. If JLR is amongst the true clutch of premium brands then what I am suggesting isn't rocket science. After all, firms such as Charles Tyrwitt do it for my humble shirts and suits that I buy from them. So why wouldn't a £60k supplier of motor vehicles aspire to exceed that standard?

To my dealer, I say thank you. Please don't give up on me. To Jaguar I say "wake up and get on with it!" If you don't then I will use what little leverage I have as a little man on the Clapham Omnibus (which is what I will be riding soon at this rate) to ramp up the social media messaging. It's all I have at my disposal, sorry.

Regards,

Arianne.

PS. To this Jaguar forum community - thank you for helping me keep my sanity and not driving friends, family and work colleagues completely mad having to listen to me. You guys help me vent my frustration as a surrogate for the others, sorry! But thanks, I mean it.
F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack, ADSR, configurable lighting, activity key & a few others incl essential cup holder cover!

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Arianne wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:32 pm

If I was a Customer Service Manager somewhere in the hierarchy of JLR then I know what I would do, and I would do it right here and now. I would make a decisive and unambiguous offer to my client. One that rectifies the matter straight away and demonstrates that, insofar as JLR is concerned, nothing short of excellence is acceptable in the way business is conducted and products are delivered. What would that look like? Simple - an immediate offer to procure a replacement car as a matter of priority, an offer to negate the adverse impact of the VED changes and a goodwill gesture in recognition of the inconvenience and frustration we have experienced in this sorry affair.
That option is absolutely available right now through your Dealer. That's what Harwoods did for me. Upfront. No JLR involvement. They handled all of that behind the scenes after their immediate unequivocal replacement offer with me. It all happened within 20 minutes of my call to reject the car.
3.0dS, Glacier, Red/Jet, Black pack, 22" Black helix, Priv glass, Sliding pano, 18 way seats/mem/elec st.column, LED, ICTP+825W Meridian, Gesture tailgate, BSM, AdSR, Rear seat levers, cup holder cover, skinny spare

Matteus F-Pace

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Really crappy situation for you Arriane, much sympathy. Personally, I would reject the car immediately, and accept a replacement order (For me at least, still the nicest looking and nicest to drive SUV on the market). Let them bolt on the 19s so that you get rid of the ghastly noise, and enjoy 6 months depreciation-free driving until the new baby arrives. Regarding VED see if you can get something back from JLR/the dealer, but remember, whatever new car you go for will be subject to the higher tax if it costs more than £40k so you won't be any better off. I wish you all the best sir!
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass - covered cup holders (of course!)

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:06 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm
Arianne wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:32 pm

That option is absolutely available right now through your Dealer. That's what Harwoods did for me. Upfront. No JLR involvement. They handled all of that behind the scenes after their immediate unequivocal replacement offer with me. It all happened within 20 minutes of my call to reject the car.
Agreed, that's what Harwoods did for me too, it is just too protracted with Jaguar to sort, they do it later without the client involvement. My replacement also arrived with 8 weeks.
Sadly, 2nd car now rejected - F-Pace 3.0L diesel S, IRR, red leather, InTouchPro, Black pack, pano opening roof, 22" silver helix wheels, 14 way elec seats, cooled glovebox, privacy glass, configurable mood lighting and cup holder cover

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Problem is, even the replacement cars are faulty and being rejected.
First Edition 3 litre Supercharged Petrol in Caesium Blue Very limited 1 of 10 ever made, with every bells and whistle added :D

Waynem

Post by Waynem » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:59 pm

Surely :o a new half shaft or both .....new brake set up ....2 new front wheels and tyres should of been the immediate fix no questions asked ...if that don't work ..crush it :? ....these dealers etc should pull there fingers out :shock:

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Waynem wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:59 pm
Surely :o a new half shaft or both .....new brake set up ....2 new front wheels and tyres should of been the immediate fix no questions asked ...if that don't work ..crush it :? ....these dealers etc should pull there fingers out :shock:
Wayne, they changed everything from sump to hub on mine in november 16 and they couldn't fix it back then, I have no idea what they are playing at

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Time to inject a bit of humour into this thread....

..... the last time I saw my car it was the day after I had spent six hours detailing it. Yes, that's right. On Tuesday, 4 April I spent my day doing a wash, towel dry, iron contamination removal, tar and bio removal, wash & towel dry again, Blackfire polish, Carlack acrylic coating, Carlack Longlife coating, wheels decontaminated and then sealed with Poorboys rim sealant and the interior cleaned and glass treated.

Six hours, looked fabulous and then took it to the dealer for what was meant to be a two day booking. I am so glad I did all of that for a car I might never get to drive again!

Anyone else want their car detailed for free. I have a few hours spare this weekend so pop across, leave the keys with me and I will have another go.

Next.....

Arianne
F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack, ADSR, configurable lighting, activity key & a few others incl essential cup holder cover!

Jim

Post by Jim » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Almost worth the 6 hour drive each way, if you could follow me home to remove the drive back grime that would be ideal :D :lol:
2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster seats and head lining, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Return to “Faults & Technical”